- Main leader : La Matière
- Type of initiative : Initiative involving different people (collective, etc.)
- 6 rue André Ampère Périgny
- Start date : mai 1921
Award-winner at the RECITA Network Annual Meeting in 2018
The aim of this project is to create an eco-designed piece of furniture, on an industrial scale, as part of CAMIF Edition.
The challenge is to demonstrate the viability of a circular economy project. Creating from re-use materials is a viable business model.
Stages of the initiative
Stage 1: mapping and inventory of the sources of material.
Stage 2: Customer needs analysis
Stage 3: finding innovative ideas and designing the entrance furniture.
Stage 4: Furniture prototyping and validation
Stage 5: official presentation of Majordome
Stage 6: Majordome production launch
Stage 7: Launch of the communication campaign
Collaboration was possible because of the two complementary areas of expertise provided by the two companies Angebault and La Matière.
La Matière: expert in circular economy, able to run creative workshops and to map the sources of material via its diversified ecosystem.
The cabinetmaker Angebault: a furniture manufacturer, making its production capacity and its offcuts available to the project.
The geographical proximity of these two companies made it easy for them to work effectively together on this project. The transmission of information, ideas and even materials!
Areas of activity
- Collective innovation tools used to make the furniture.
- Numerically controlled machine
- Technical resources of the two companies
- Recycling staff trained in waste disposal facilities for the selection of usable furniture legs (in partnership with Cyclad).
- Designer (La Matière)
- Brainstormer + ecosystem manager (La Matière)
- Cabinetmaker(s) (Angebault)